The vital part, the heart and soul of Christian Science, is Love.
Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of Christian Science, published these words in 1875 in her primary work, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.
Christian Science is based on the Bible and is explained in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures and other writings by Mary Baker Eddy. Christian Science encourages people to see things from a spiritual perspective, as Jesus taught. The Church of Christ, Scientist was founded to “commemorate the word and works of our Master, which should reinstate primitive Christianity and its lost element of healing” (Church Manual, p. 17)
Through the study of Christian Science, generations have found comfort, healing, and a deeper understanding of a loving God and their relationship to him. We invite you to explore some of the many ways that you can learn more about Christian Science, and bring God’s healing comfort and love into your own life.
- Christian Science Practitioners — individuals who devote full time to the prayerful ministry of Christian healing.
- Christian Science Reading Rooms — resource centres offering a place to peruse or purchase Bibles and Christian Science publications, speak with a librarian to ask questions, or just quietly read and pray.
- Christian Science Nurses — individuals who help others who need skillful physical assistance while relying on Christian Science treatment for healing.
- Wayside House — a centre for spiritual healing and renewal, where individuals receive Christian Science nursing care as well as an opportunity for spiritual renewal in an atmosphere of peace, joy, and expectancy of healing.
- Sentinel Radio — tune in for fresh inspiration on Sunday mornings in metro Vancouver, or streaming webcast at a time that’s convenient for you.